What is Kenya eVisa?
Kenya eVisa is an online visa application system introduced by the Government of Kenya to facilitate the visa application process for foreign nationals. The system was launched in September 2015 and allows eligible travelers to apply for a visa to Kenya online.
Benefits of Kenya eVisa
The Kenya eVisa system offers numerous benefits to foreign nationals seeking to visit Kenya. These benefits include:
- Convenience: The eVisa system eliminates the need for travelers to visit a Kenyan embassy or consulate to apply for a visa. The entire visa application process can be completed online, from the comfort of one’s home or office.
- Efficiency: The eVisa system enables faster processing of visa applications. Applications can be reviewed and processed within 2 business days, making it easier for travelers to plan their trips.
- Accessibility: The eVisa system is accessible 24/7, allowing travelers to apply for a visa at any time, from anywhere in the world.
- Cost-effective: The eVisa system is cost-effective, as it eliminates the need for travelers to pay for transportation to an embassy or consulate, as well as any other expenses associated with a traditional visa application.
Types of Kenya eVisas
The Kenya eVisa system offers three types of visas:
- Single entry visa: This visa allows travelers to enter Kenya once and stay for a maximum of 90 days.
- Transit visa: This visa allows travelers to transit through Kenya for a maximum of 72 hours.
- East Africa Tourist Visa: This visa allows travelers to visit Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda for tourism purposes. The visa is valid for 90 days and allows multiple entries into the three countries.
Eligibility for Kenya eVisa
To be eligible for a Kenya eVisa, travelers must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Kenya.
- Be a citizen of an eligible country. A list of eligible countries can be found on the official Kenya eVisa website.
- Have a return ticket or onward ticket to another country.
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in Kenya.
- Not be classified as a prohibited immigrant.
How to apply for Kenya eVisa
To apply for a Kenya eVisa, travelers should follow these steps:
- Visit the official Kenya eVisa website.
- Create an account and fill in the visa application form.
- Upload scanned copies of required documents, such as passport, passport photo, and flight itinerary.
- Pay the visa processing fee using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the application and wait for the visa to be processed.
The Kenya eVisa system has made it easier and more convenient for foreign nationals to apply for a visa to visit Kenya. The system is efficient, cost-effective, and accessible, offering travelers numerous benefits. By following the eligibility requirements and application process outlined above, travelers can easily obtain a Kenya eVisa and enjoy their trip to Kenya.
Types of Kenya eVisa
The Kenyan government introduced the eVisa system in 2015 to streamline the visa application process and attract more tourists to the country. The eVisa system allows eligible citizens to apply for a visa online, eliminating the need for in-person visits to a Kenyan embassy or consulate. In this article, we will explore the different types of Kenya eVisa available.
- Single Entry eVisa
The Single Entry eVisa is the most common type of visa issued by the Kenyan government. It allows the holder to enter Kenya once and stay for a maximum of 90 days. The visa is valid for three months from the date of issue and can be used for tourism, business, or medical reasons.
- Transit eVisa
The Transit eVisa is designed for travelers who are transiting through Kenya to another destination. This visa allows a maximum stay of 72 hours and is valid for three months from the date of issue. It is important to note that travelers who leave the airport during their layover will need to obtain a Single Entry eVisa.
- East Africa Tourist Visa
The East Africa Tourist Visa is a joint visa issued by Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. It allows the holder to travel between the three countries without the need for multiple visas. The visa is valid for 90 days and can be used for tourism, business, or medical reasons. It is important to note that once you leave the region, you will need to obtain a new visa to re-enter.
- Multiple Entry eVisa
The Multiple Entry eVisa is designed for frequent travelers to Kenya. It allows the holder to enter Kenya multiple times over a 12-month period. Each visit is limited to 90 days, and the visa is valid for one year from the date of issue. This visa is ideal for individuals who need to visit Kenya for business or other reasons on a regular basis.
- Diplomatic eVisa
The Diplomatic eVisa is issued to government officials and diplomats who are traveling to Kenya on official business. It allows the holder to stay for up to 90 days and is valid for three months from the date of issue. It is important to note that individuals who do not qualify for a Diplomatic eVisa will need to obtain a Single Entry eVisa.
The Kenya eVisa system has made it easier for tourists and businesspeople to visit the country. By applying for a visa online, travelers can avoid long wait times and the need for in-person visits to embassies or consulates. The different types of eVisa available cater to the needs of different travelers, whether they are transiting through the country or making multiple visits over a 12-month period. With the right visa, visitors can enjoy all that Kenya has to offer, from the beautiful national parks to the vibrant cities and rich cultural heritage.
How to Apply for a Kenya eVisa
Traveling to Kenya is an exciting experience, with its diverse wildlife, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. If you are a foreign national looking to visit Kenya for tourism, business, or medical purposes, you will need a Kenya eVisa to gain entry into the country. In this article, we will guide you through the process of applying for a Kenya eVisa.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
Before applying for a Kenya eVisa, you need to ensure that you are eligible for one. The following countries are eligible for a Kenya eVisa:
- All European Union countries
- All African Union countries
- All Middle East countries
- All North and South American countries
- All Asian countries (except for Afghanistan, North Korea, and Syria)
If your country is not listed above, you may need to apply for a visa through the Kenyan embassy in your country.
Step 2: Gather the Required Documents
To apply for a Kenya eVisa, you will need to have the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of entry into Kenya
- A scanned copy of the bio-data page of your passport
- A recent passport-size photograph
- A return ticket or an onward ticket
- Proof of accommodation for your stay in Kenya
- A travel itinerary
Step 3: Apply for a Kenya eVisa
To apply for a Kenya eVisa, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official eVisa website of the Kenyan government (www.ecitizen.go.ke)
- Create an account on the website by providing your email address and a password
- Log in to your account and select “Department of Immigration Services”
- Click on “Submit Application”
- Select the type of visa you require (single entry, transit, or multiple entry)
- Fill in the online application form with your personal details, travel details, and passport information
- Upload the required documents (passport bio-data page, photograph, return ticket, accommodation proof, and travel itinerary)
- Pay the visa fee using a valid debit or credit card
- Submit your application
Step 4: Track Your Application Status
After submitting your application, you can track its status on the eVisa website by logging into your account. The status of your application will be updated regularly, and you will receive an email notification when your eVisa is approved.
Step 5: Print Your Kenya eVisa
Once your eVisa is approved, you can download and print it from your eVisa account. You should carry a printed copy of your eVisa with you when you travel to Kenya, as you will need to present it at the port of entry.
Applying for a Kenya eVisa is a straightforward process that can be completed online. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can apply for and obtain your Kenya eVisa in a hassle-free manner. Remember to check your eligibility, gather the required documents, and track your application status to ensure a smooth application process. With your Kenya eVisa in hand, you can look forward to a memorable and enjoyable trip to Kenya.
How Long Does Kenya eVisa Take?
Kenya is a popular destination for travelers seeking adventure, wildlife safaris, and cultural experiences. To enter Kenya as a tourist or business visitor, visitors from eligible countries are required to obtain an electronic visa (eVisa). In this article, we will explore how long it takes to get a Kenya eVisa, the processing time, and important factors to consider when applying.
How long does it take to get a Kenya eVisa?
The processing time for a Kenya eVisa application depends on various factors such as the accuracy of the application and the volume of applications received. Generally, the processing time takes between 2 to 3 business days. However, some applications may take longer if additional documentation is required, or if there is a high volume of applications being processed.
It is recommended that applicants apply for their Kenya eVisa at least 7 days before their intended travel date. This allows sufficient time for processing and to account for any unforeseen delays that may occur. Additionally, it is important to note that the processing time for a Kenya eVisa may take longer during peak travel seasons such as the holiday season, as there may be a higher volume of applications being processed.
Factors to consider when applying for a Kenya eVisa
When applying for a Kenya eVisa, there are important factors to consider to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient. These factors include:
- Application accuracy: It is important to ensure that the application is accurately completed, with all relevant information provided. Inaccurate or incomplete applications may result in delays or rejection of the application.
- Required documentation: Applicants should ensure that they have all the required documentation before applying for a Kenya eVisa. The documentation required may vary depending on the purpose of the visit, such as tourism or business, and the applicant’s nationality.
- Processing time: Applicants should take into consideration the processing time for their Kenya eVisa, especially if they have a specific travel date in mind.
- Peak travel season: Peak travel seasons such as the holiday season may result in longer processing times, so applicants should apply well in advance.
- Payment: Payment for the Kenya eVisa can only be made using a credit or debit card. Applicants should ensure that their card is authorized for international transactions.
In conclusion, the processing time for a Kenya eVisa typically takes between 2 to 3 business days, and applicants should apply at least 7 days before their intended travel date. However, it is important to consider the factors outlined in this article to ensure a smooth and efficient application process. With proper preparation and accurate completion of the application, visitors can enjoy their travels to Kenya hassle-free.